Does she lay eggs often? First off your flowerhorn Kok really depends on its genetics 90% of the the time and the other 10% goes into food and right conditions such as increased Ph higher then 7.6 Ph aim for the upper 8 for Ph using crush corals or anything thats calcium carbonated. When doing so be sure to raise Ph slowly has it can cause Ph crash at a rate of .02 per 24 hour period. Water temperature also in effect they like warm temperature within the 82-86 F range for optimum growth as it increases their metabolism rate thus eating more which requires more water changes, lets say about 25-30% Bi-Weekly water changes. Then you have you high protein diet which needs to be controlled as it can cause unbalanced proportion of protein that can lead to HITH be sure to get quality well balanced food as staple diet such as Hikari Bio Gold and GrandSumo. Targeted food that contains high protein could be market shrimps that can be cut up into tiny bite size and then frozen, mealworms, krill and should be fed once a week as treat and or the pumping method.
Growth rate really depends on condition and environment, most flowerhorn growth rate slows down about about 6-7", using the pumping up method, which is fasting for a few days then slowly increase food consumption. This should be done once a month which helps clear their digestive-tract.
You flowerhorn looks like a ZZ= Zhen Zhu < another name for pearl dragon
Shipping service is now available for residents in socalwww.Djrice.Net
I sell custom dividers/suction cup for your flowerhorns need!
BETTER YOURSELF, WITH KNOWLEDGE IN THE FISH AND AQUARIUM WORLD