Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: White Flower Horn?
Flowerhorn USA > Flowerhorns & Hybrids > Beginners Discussion
D`MAN
hello everybody! i'm quite new here and i just want to ask if anybody knows if there is a white flower horn? some say there is, others say otherwise. i've seen one but i'm not sure if it is a genuine fh.

thanks!
sonny
QUOTE (D`MAN @ Mar 16 2006, 12:29 AM)
hello everybody! i'm quite new here and i just want to ask if anybody knows if there is a white flower horn? some say there is, others say otherwise. i've seen one but i'm not sure if it is a genuine fh.

thanks!

Wow! You mean albino? Post it up bro & we'll see if it's genuine fh. smile.gif
D`MAN
poop.gif+Mar 16 2006, 05:16 PM-->
QUOTE(poop.gif @ Mar 16 2006, 05:16 PM)
[quote=D`MAN,Mar 16 2006, 12:29 AM]hello everybody! i'm quite new here and i just want to ask if anybody knows if there is a white flower horn? some say there is, others say otherwise. i've seen one but i'm not sure if it is a genuine fh.

thanks!

[/quote]

Wow! You mean albino? Post it up bro & we'll see if it's genuine fh. smile.gif

[/quote]

yes like an albino. i'll try to take a pic of the fish coz i saw it in a pet shop. i'm quite depressed i didn't buy that fish when it was still 800 pesos...coz now it costs 2,000 pesos!
jing2x87
are you from Philippines right? hmm ive seen some albino also, but they dont have any flower markings and have small koks

post some pics men!!!
ajb
There are some white flower horns like there are white red devils. flowerhorns usually have red eyes. if a white flowerhorn has red eyes, it doesnt necessarily mean its albino. the pupils have to be red too. If there is an albino flowerhorn, I am sure it would be quite expensive.
DIRTY REDD
i got a white kamfa from lauro, hes more pink but looks really nice and has a nice kok forming
D`MAN
QUOTE (DIRTY REDD @ Mar 16 2006, 09:35 PM)
i got a white kamfa from lauro, hes more pink but looks really nice and has a nice kok forming

jing2x87: yes, i'm from the philippines =) i sure will post some pics

ajb: thanks for the info, actually my white flower horn has red eyes....yes, i said "my flower horn" coz i just bought one =). a fry actually about 1 1/2 in. but the store owner said it is a golden fire face.

DIRTY REDD: how old and how big is it?
Jam420
Doesnt Albino mean white everything?
eyes white, body white, everything white.
LIke snow white?
yeah lets see some pics.

Jam420
mario
I have seen one before but it is a mix of Flowerhorn and Midas...
I nearly bought it... but after seeing it for couple minutes, I did not find it attractive at all...
Drumstix
QUOTE (Jam420 @ Mar 16 2006, 07:11 AM)
Doesnt Albino mean white everything?
eyes white, body white, everything white.
LIke snow white?
yeah lets see some pics.

Jam420

Albino means white body and pink eyes, I think. There's no real pigment to speak of hence the white coloration.
Da General
QUOTE (D`MAN @ Mar 16 2006, 12:29 AM)

thanks!

white flower horns???not in my book...i haven't seen it yet...my dream is to see or get an albino flower horns with with body and with flower line across the body... right now in my existance there is no such thing as a white ablino flower horns... the only way you can tell if it an ablino flower horns is that it's white/albino and it has black/blue flower line across...period...if anyone/anybody comes across with it it'll sent a massive shock wave to the flower horn's world!!! the closess i've seen that albino??? is an albino midas, they call it the white albino devil (wad)...

Da General
ajb
QUOTE (D`MAN @ Mar 16 2006, 11:09 AM)
QUOTE (DIRTY REDD @ Mar 16 2006, 09:35 PM)

jing2x87: yes, i'm from the philippines =) i sure will post some pics

ajb: thanks for the info, actually my white flower horn has red eyes....yes, i said "my flower horn" coz i just bought one =). a fry actually about 1 1/2 in. but the store owner said it is a golden fire face.

DIRTY REDD: how old and how big is it?

I am sure it does have "red" eyes, becuase most flowerhorns do have red eyes. But I bet the pupil of the eye is black. There are no albino flowerhorns.
yossie_ika
ask the guy who created albino oscars to create albino flowerhorns biggrin.gif
D`MAN
QUOTE (yossie_ika @ Mar 17 2006, 08:01 AM)

thanks for all the info people. i'll post the pic of my white flower horn then from there let's determine if it is really a flower horn or an albino flower horn or have just a temporary white color. i''ll post it tonight. thanks again.
D`MAN

yossie_ika: the fh pic on your profile, what kind of fh is that? it resembles my fh, only mine is much smaller and whiter.
Redrooster
Albino kamfah is my new project. Very very time consuming and someone will probaly beat me to it but my breeder has huge kok and wrapped fins.

You should know also there are partial albinos as well as full albinos. with what Im doing I cant say for certain what ill end up with. The idea of an albino kamfah with pitch black pearls, oh my.........

smile.gif

RR
katt66
I've never seen an Albino Flowerhorn but I did have a White one a long time ago. Haven't seen another since either, which really is sad because she was my daughter's favorite fish. From the time I bought her as a 1/2 fry she was solid pearl white with just a few random blood red and orange scales here and there. And, no, she's not a Red Devil. When she was a tiny baby she had traces of the three Trimac spots, very faintly showing through when she was stressed. And her three sisters looked like your common low grade lfs Flowerhorns. Here's Faerie...
yossie_ika
QUOTE (D`MAN @ Mar 16 2006, 04:25 PM)

yossie_ika: the fh pic on your profile, what kind of fh is that? it resembles my fh, only mine is much smaller and whiter.

it's a kamfa
aznxfiddy
i've seen a white flowerhorn at total fish b4 but he sold it. i think it was a kamfa , all white not sure about the eyes but head too. sold it for couple hundred i think
blizz86
maybe hes talking about a white fish with a large head...midas ?
ajb
QUOTE (Redrooster @ Mar 16 2006, 08:26 PM)
Albino kamfah is my new project. Very very time consuming and someone will probaly beat me to it but my breeder has huge kok and wrapped fins.

You should know also there are partial albinos as well as full albinos. with what Im doing I cant say for certain what ill end up with. The idea of an albino kamfah with pitch black pearls, oh my.........

smile.gif

RR

if by partial, you mean leucistic, then you are right. what else could you mean by partial?
Round Head
I can guaranty that a fertile albino fish will play a significant part in the FH world.
the albino gene when crossed and inbred will create colors and patterns that will blow your mind away.
Mark my word this is the next level of hybridization. 45.gif
yossie_ika
a guy from S'pore was trying to sell this a while back...
D`MAN
here is the pic of my white flower horn. what do you think peeps?
yossie_ika
this is not white enough but i got it wink.gif
Round Head
QUOTE (D`MAN @ Mar 16 2006, 10:35 PM)

Excellent, breed him back to his mom and hope for more white babies.
Bro., I would also breed him to something special and see what you get.
Nice fish. 45.gif
D`MAN
QUOTE (Round Head @ Mar 17 2006, 02:42 PM)

Excellent, breed him back to his mom and hope for more white babies.
Bro., I would also breed him to something special and see what you get.
Nice fish. 45.gif

thanks. i'll try breeding him to other fh. how'd you know he's a male? =)
blue_ice™

how big is he sir? im from phils too
D`MAN
QUOTE (blue_ice™ @ Mar 17 2006, 03:01 PM)

how big is he sir? im from phils too

he's about 1 1/2 to 2 in. i bought him for P200.
tommytoyota2002
QUOTE (aznxfiddy @ Mar 16 2006, 05:00 PM)
i've seen a white flowerhorn at total fish b4 but he sold it. i think it was a kamfa , all white not sure about the eyes but head too. sold it for couple hundred i think

do you mean the big old fh in the back of kim store? he had alot of new fh just in, stop by and check it out bro.
ajb
QUOTE (Round Head @ Mar 17 2006, 02:27 AM)
I can guaranty that a fertile albino fish will play a significant part in the FH world.
the albino gene when crossed and inbred will create colors and patterns that will blow your mind away.

I agree totally. But I have never seen or even heard of any central american cichlids or FH that are albino or carry the albino gene.
castrol
QUOTE (yossie_ika @ Mar 17 2006, 02:31 PM)
a guy from S'pore was trying to sell this a while back...

my fish.. oops.gif ..sold to a uncle in sg also... smile.gif
day
all white one would be cool too see.
travis921
an all white/albino flowerhorn is going to look just like an albino red devil except for fins and body structure in my opinion.
ajb
QUOTE (travis921 @ Mar 17 2006, 12:13 PM)
an all white/albino  flowerhorn is going to look just like an albino red devil except for fins and body structure in my opinion.

there are no albino red devils. just all white ones.
ajb
QUOTE (D`MAN @ Mar 17 2006, 02:35 AM)

you fish looks cool. i dont mean to derail your thread. i just dont want everyone to get too confused between all white and albino.
Round Head
QUOTE (ajb @ Mar 17 2006, 05:40 AM)
QUOTE (Round Head @ Mar 17 2006, 02:27 AM)

I agree totally. But I have never seen or even heard of any central american cichlids or FH that are albino or carry the albino gene.

They're mutations bro. You won't find them at all in the wild because they will be the first to be eaten by predators.
Like breeding anything else, a mutation is a treasure as it will create other mutations. Some crosses will be good and some crosses will be worthless, but the right cross and proper inbreeding is going to blow you away and take this hobby to a new level.
I believe Drumstix is correct about the pink eyes. The pink eyes will definitely be an albino. Without the pink eyes, they are mostly likely be a white color. But you can tell just by feeding it red color enhance foods. Feeding the red food will make a white fish turn yellowish and does nothing for an albino fish because albino gene has no skin color pigments.
john_23
got her 1" last feb. 2005 biggrin.gif

Redrooster
QUOTE (D`MAN @ Mar 17 2006, 12:35 AM)

This is a white Midas or red devil. This fish is going to be extraordinary when it gets big.

I went a quest for such a fish for over a year and finally gave up.

Keep us posted on its growth.

RR
Redrooster
QUOTE (ajb @ Mar 16 2006, 08:13 PM)
QUOTE (Redrooster @ Mar 16 2006, 08:26 PM)

smile.gif

RR

if by partial, you mean leucistic, then you are right. what else could you mean by partial?

I think this white midas could be considered leucistic.

Partial albinos have pink eyes and lack of pigmentation throughout most of their body but also retain some color. I suspect one or two genes are not entirely effected by the master albino gene. The best example in our world is the albino Oscars you see at your lfs. Pink eyed and snow white , but retaining some of the red from their tiger Oscar parents.
Almost all animal lines that have complex color genes will exhibit the partail abinism trait.

RR
AiSaranG
Albino means it's been born without pigments to give the fish coloration. Furthermore, albino can apply to almost any animal as it's an oddity not inclusive to one species. There are albino people as well. The primary similarities between albinos is red eyes because without pigments, you literally only see the blood flowing through a clear eyeball.
Redrooster
Heres an example of a partial albino. Its an Aulonocara Peacock, specifically a Eureka Red Albino(partial).

White base pink eyes but certain color genes unaffected by the albino gene and thus some color.

RR
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.
CommunitySEO 1.2.3 © 2014  IPB SEO Module